The ADRC Specialist will assist the ADRC Coordinator in providing telephone counseling to clients to help them identify and access a wide variety of long-term assistance programs, providing concrete information about services and care options for Jefferson, St. Charles, St. James, and St. John Parishes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a “customer service” role; ensuring that the consumer experiences a welcoming atmosphere and customer satisfaction is attained.
- Responsible for handling client calls and providing resource information or intake for JCOA resources.
- Gather sufficient information to accurately identify and clarify the caller’s problems and needs, exploring needs beyond the presenting problem, looking at short and long-term solutions, verifying with the caller and summarizing their request.
- Excellent telephone skills (professional greeting, warm tone of voice, courteous and appropriate language) and interviewing techniques using active listening skills (over the phone, in-person, and via email) to build rapport with unhurried attitude.
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and manage details of numerous files and multiple telephone calls.
- Accurately manage customer records.
- Maintain confidentiality of all client information.
- Ability to work with individuals with disabilities, seniors, families, and caregivers from diverse social, ethnic and economic backgrounds.
- Accurately relay communications orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of Medicare, LA Medicaid, community long-term care assistance programs, community social services and eligibility programs helpful.
- Must have car in good working condition and liability insurance no less than that required by state statute. Must have a valid Louisiana driver’s license.
- Must pass a background clearance prior to employment
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma, or higher with experience in human services related field preferred.
- Computer literate: Internet navigation and database use, proficiency in Microsoft Office Professional Suite, (Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Must be able to accurately enter data into a database and retrieve information from the database. Excellent word processing skills essential.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be physically able to stand, sit, bend, walk, talk and use their hands.
- Occasionally required to stand and reach.
- Employee may need to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision ability includes ability to adjust focus.